dating a shiksa - Itemupdating not

Inquiry method that asks whether the value for a field has changed after the reception of the last update from the Server for an item.

A look at the Item Xml confirmed this: I didn’t want to script an update to all files (because that would trigger Event Receivers) so I avoided querying those properties directly and instead created an extension method to get those values through the SPList Item: There were a lot of Event Receivers in the custom solution so I didn’t take this path, mainly because I noticed in Share Point 2010 the SPList Item.

System Update() method will also trigger Event Receivers.

Also not sure why the Event Receivers were missing in the first place.

It could be because some “questionable” actions happened during the setup of the site, but it could as well be a bug in Share Point 2010 RTM or later.

Here’s a scenario that fails every time and everywhere: [SPUser Code Solution Execution Failed Exception: Unhandled exception was thrown by the sandboxed code wrapper's Execute method in the partial trust app domain: The sandboxed code execution request was refused because the Sandboxed Code Host Service was too busy to handle the request.] So what’s going on here ?

In light of this you might conclude that there’s no possible communication between two sandbox code requests (the Web Part and the Event Receiver).

There appear to be four (4) Taxonomy Event Receivers: The problematic library at the customer was lacking the first set of Event Receivers, which are responsible for syncing the hidden field. I can’t really explain why only some Content Types were affected.

I’ve written a one-off script (Console App) that loops all lists with a Managed Metadata field on all sites in the site collection and ensures the Taxonomy event receivers. I’m guessing the Optional/Required setting of the Managed Metadata field is involved somehow, but I didn’t really confirm that through testing.

As good an explanation as any, so feel free to chime in.

Tags: , ,